- You may NOT have ANYTHING to eat or drink (including water) starting at midnight the night before your surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery. Do not smoke for 4-5 days after surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, REMAIN in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should NOT drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear a short sleeve shirt and low-heeled shoes.
- Brush your teeth prior to surgery to reduce bacteria and prevent infection.
- Dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do NOT wear nail polish, lipstick, excessive makeup, contact lenses, or jewelry on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with your surgeon prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Back to Top